This module on Leadership Training is part of the GroomTalent.com curriculum of critical management courses for developing leadership competencies and management talent.
Leadership Competencies- the ability to:
- Lead with Vision, to set an inspiring vision for the future and align organisation culture, to create commitment and chart a course of action that will fulfil the vision, have direction and strategy
- Drive Change, to identify and initiate opportunities for change and enable others to embrace process and organisation change
- Build Relationships, to establish and maintain a wide and relevant network of colleagues and strategic partners, to promote the development of positive working relationships, respect diversity and develop team cohesiveness.
- Develop People, to proactively seek opportunities to engage staff and develop their capabilities, to share leadership and develop talent by empowering others and enhancing their ability to perform.
- Achieve Results, to hold self and others accountable for achieving results, to organise resources, provide clear direction, monitor performance and develop contingencies to achieve the agreed results
- Have Personal Effectiveness, to demonstrate self awareness and be committed to self development and to capitalise on strengths and address weaknesses, to promote organisation values and ethics by role modelling desired behaviours, to persuade and positively influence others through effective communication.
- Sun Zi Art of War by Wee Chow Hou (2003)
- The Leadership Moment: Nine True Stories of Triumph and Disaster and Their Lessons for Us All by Michael Useem and Warren Bennis (1999)
- The Leadership Challenge, by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner (2003)
- Leadership Is an Art by Max Depree (2004)
- The Radical Edge: Stoke Your Business, Amp Your Life, and Change the World by Steve Farber (2009)
- Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will (Collins Business Essentials) Noel M. Tichy & Stratford Sherman
- Leading Change by John P. Kotter (1996)
- Questions of Character: Illuminating the Heart of Leadership Through Literature byJoseph Badaracco (2006)
- The Story Factor by Annette Simmons and Doug Lipman (2006)
- On Becoming a Leader by Warren Bennis (2009)