Design thinking refers to the process for the creative resolution of problems using methods associated with the design or creative industries. This generally refers to the generation and refinement of out-of-the-box solutions that bear creative departure from solutions heretofore.
This training module in Design Thinking is part of the GroomTalent.com curriculum of critical training courses for developing leadership competencies and management talent.
Design Thinking Stages:
- Stage 1: Define
- Stage 2: Research
- Stage 3: Ideate
- Stage 4: Prototype
- Stage 5: Select
- Stage 6: Implement
- Stage 7: Learn
- Change by Design: How Design Thinking Transforms Organizations and Inspires Innovation by Tim Brown (2009)
- The Design of Business: Why Design Thinking is the Next Competitive Advantageby Roger L. Martin (2009)
- The Ten Faces of Innovation: IDEO’s Strategies for Defeating the Devil’s Advocate and Driving Creativity Throughout Your Organization by Thomas Kelley and Jonathan Littman (2005)
- Design Thinking. Red Hat Magazine, May 2006
- Design Thinking. By: Brown, Tim. Harvard Business Review, Jun2008, Vol. 86 Issue 6