This module on Corporate Governance training is part of the GroomTalent.com curriculum of critical management courses for developing leadership competencies and management talent.
Corporate Governance Competencies- the ability to:
- provide entrepreneurial leadership, set strategic aims, and ensure that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the company to meet its objectives;
- establish a framework of prudent and effective controls which enables risk to be assessed and managed;
- review management performance
- set the company’s values and standards, and ensure that obligations to shareholders and others are understood and met.
- Harvard Business Review on Corporate Governance (Harvard Business Review Paperback Series) by Walter J. Salmon, Jay William Lorsch, Gordon Donaldson, and John Pound (Paperback – Jan 2000)
- Corporate Governance by Robert A. G. Monks and Nell Minow (Mar 2008)
- Corporate Governance (2nd Edition) by Kenneth A Kim and John R. Nofsinger (April 2006)
- Redesigning Corporate Governance Structures and Systems for the Twenty First Century. By: Monks, Robert A.G.. Corporate Governance: An International Review, Jul2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3
- Putting a value on board governance. By: Felton, Robert F.; Hudnut, Alec; Van Heeckeren, Jennifer. McKinsey Quarterly, 1996 Issue 4