Advertising – Overview
This module on Advertising Training is developed to introduce Advertising fundamentals to non-advertising professionals. This is part of the GroomTalent.com curriculum of critical training courses for developing leadership competencies and management talent.
Advertising Competencies- the ability to:
- communicate a message including the name of the product or service and how that product or service could potentially benefit the consumer and generate increased consumption of those products and service
- develop campaigns, varing in scope, media, target audience or size, to enahce your credibility as an organization and project the ‘best solution’ to meet customers’ needs.
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy (Mar 1985)
- Tested Advertising Methods (Prentice Hall Business Classics) by John Caples and Fred E. Hahn (Jul 1998)
- The Copywriter’s Handbook, Third Edition: A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing Copy That Sells by Robert W. Bly (April 2006)
- Advertising (8th Edition) (Advertising: Principles and Practice) by Sandra Moriarty, Nancy Mitchell, and William D. Wells (Feb 2008)
- Creative Advertising, New Edition by Mario Pricken (Jun 2008)
- Ten Best Practices for Successful Proposals. By: Hroncich, J. T.; Morrison, Jason. Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management, Jul2009, Vol. 38 Issue 7