This module on Strategy Training focuses on the methodology of strategic planning and strategy development. It is part of the GroomTalent.com curriculum of critical training courses for developing leadership competencies and management talent.
Strategy and Strategic Thinking Competencies- the ability to:
- Formulate effective strategic plans of action consistent with the business and competitive strengths and intent of the organization in a global economy while anticipating potential threats or opportunities.
- Differentiate strategic choices and examine policy issues and strategic planning with a middle to long term perspective.
- New Competitiveness: Business Strategies for a Disruptive Century. By: Zadek, Simon. Harvard Business School Press Books, (Jan 2010)
- The Five Competitive Forces that Shape Strategy. By: Porter, Michael E.. Harvard Business Review, Jan 2008
The Discipline of Market Leaders: Choose Your Customers, Narrow Your Focus, Dominate Your Market, by Michael Treacy and Fred Wiersema (Jan 1997)
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant, by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne (Feb 2005)
- Strategy Maps: Converting Intangible Assets into Tangible Outcomes by Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton (Feb 2004)