This module on Finance-Overview training focuses on Corporate Finance and is part of the GroomTalent.com curriculum of critical training courses for developing leadership competencies and management talent.
Basic Finance Competencies- the ability to:
- deal with the financial decisions corporations make and the tools and analysis used to make these decisions
- to maximize corporate value while managing the firm’s financial risks
- analyse and make long term capital investment decisions about which projects receive investment, whether to finance that investment with equity or debt, and when or whether to pay dividends to shareholders
- analyse and make short term decisions on the management of working capital, managing cash, inventories, and short-term borrowing and lending (such as the terms on credit extended to customers)
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 8th Edition by Stephen Ross, Randolph Westerfield, and Bradford Jordan (Mar 2007)
- Corporate Finance in a Nutshell (Nutshell Series) by Jeffrey J. Haas (Dec 2003)
- The Wall Street MBA: Your Personal Crash Course in Corporate Finance by Reuben Advani (May 2006)
- Understanding the Corporate Annual Report: Nuts, Bolts and a Few Loose Screws by Lyn M. Fraser and Aileen Ormiston (Aug 2002)
- The Earnings Game. By: Collingwood, Harris. Harvard Business Review, Jun2001, Vol. 79 Issue 6
Popularity: unranked [?]
There are no comments for this post.
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.