- This module on Accounting-Overview training focuses on accounting fundamentals and is part of the GroomTalent.com curriculum of critical training courses for developing leadership competencies and management talent.
Accounting Competencies- the ability to:
- understand the elements of and the relationships among the primary financial statements as well as how business transactions are processed to produce financial statements
- understand the accounting cycle
- manage the types of information needed for management decision-making and how to prepare it
- understand the purpose of the audit function and audit standards
- understand basic income tax concepts and how they are applied to different entities, the differences between tax and GAAP rules, and to perform basic tax research
- Accounting for Non-Accountants: The Fast and Easy Way to Learn the Basics by Wayne Label (Jun 2006)
- Accounting by Carl S. Warren, James M. Reeve, and Jonathan Duchac (Jul 2008)
- Financial Statements: A Step-by-Step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports by Thomas R. Ittelson (Aug 2009)
- The Manager’s Guide to Financial Statement Analysis (Wiley Finance) by Stephen F. Jablonsky and Noah P. Barsky (Feb 2001)
- Accounting and the ethics challenge: re-membering the professional body. By: Cowton, Christopher J.. Accounting & Business Research, 2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3
Popularity: unranked [?]
There are no comments for this post.
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.