This module reviews the various Mentoring competencies and highlights resources for developing leadership competencies and management talent in the skill of Mentoring.
Mentoring Competencies- the ability to:
- Accept a more junior associate to be one’s charge
- Provide guidance and advice based on rich corporate and industry experience
- Challenge a mentee to grow to his or her full potential
- Terminate a mentorship relationship professionally on mutual agreement
- Coaching and Mentoring: What they are and how to make the most of them by Jane Renton. The Economist. (2009) (Click for book review)
- Coaching, Counseling & Mentoring: How to Choose & Use the Right Technique to Boost Employee Performance by Florence M. Stone (Jan 2007)
- Techniques for Coaching and Mentoring by David Clutterbuck and David Megginson (Jan 2005)
- Further Techniques for Coaching and Mentoring by David Clutterbuc and David Megginson (Jul 2009)
- Find a Mentor–or Protégé. By: Johnson, Aleita. HRMagazine, May 2009, Vol. 54 Issue 5
- What Can Coaches Do for You? By: Coutu, Diane; Kauffman, Carol; Charan, Ram; Peterson, David B.; Maccoby, Michael; Scoular, P. Anne; Grant, Anthony M.. Harvard Business Review, Jan2009, Vol. 87 Issue 1
Popularity: unranked [?]
There are no comments for this post.
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.