This module on Competency-based Interviewing is part of the GroomTalent.com curriculum of critical training courses for developing leadership competencies and management talent.
Basic Course Outline:
- The cost of mis-hires. Quantifying the loss due to hiring and losing talents that are a poor fit for the organization
- The Hiring Process. A full discussion of the steps from translating business strategy to KPIs; to defining job requirements and interviewing the candidates and to signing employment contract
- Beyond the Hiring Process. A review of important issues and details beyond the hiring basics. This includes cutting edge evaluation of online recruiting, microculture hiring and psychological testing
- Types of interviews. A review of interviewing approaches ranging from traditional to competency based interviews.
- The five key skills in successful interviews: Listening, Paraphrasing, Summarizing, Clarifying and Note Taking
- Competency-based interviews. The critical steps in implementing a powerful competency-based interview allows an interviewer to ascertain vital experience in candidates that form the best predictor to future fit.
- The STARR techniques. Getting the facts and guiding the interviewee right each time.
- Competency-Based Interviews: Master the Tough New Interview Style And Give Them the Answers That Will Win You the Job by Robin Kessler