Coaching and Mentoring:
What they are and how to make the most of them
By Jane Renton, 2009
Written in typical The Economist fashion, this neat handbook provides a wonderful philosophical review of the rising practices of coaching and mentoring, if not the mechanics. Unlike other good references that dwell on logistical issues of setting up a coaching or mentoring program, this opts to explore the historical evolution of both management tools and provides a thoughtful capsule review of the pioneers and thought leaders in both practices.
- The origin of coaching
- Mentoring: the world we have lost
- The coaches
- Does coaching work?
- How to pick the right coach
- Coaching and mentoring women
- Coaching and mentoring the leadership
- Clients’ views
- The future
GroomTalent.com recommends this for:
- List and review of top coaches and mentors
- Evolution of the practice
For more information on mentoring, please click HERE.